Golden Energy and Resources
Welcome To GEAR Website
Golden Energy and Resources Limited (“GEAR”) is principally engaged in the exploration, mining, processing and marketing of thermal coal sourced from its coal mining concession areas, covering an aggregate of approximately 38,165 hectares in South Kalimantan, Central Kalimantan and Jambi (a province in Sumatra), Indonesia.
- Corporate Office
- Corporate, finance, human resource, IT and purchasing functions
- Oversees group's growth strategy, M&A, funding and investor relations
- Marketing Office
- Coal trading for international market
- Coal Divisions Head office
- Finance, legal, human resource, IT, marketing and purchasing functions
- Oversees group's businesses and operations
- South Kalimantan
- BIB Coal Mining Concession
- 24,100 hectares mining concession
- Coal resources estimates of 1.8 billion tonnes, inclusive of coal reserves
- Coal reserves estimates of 652 million tonnes
- Calorific value of 3,866 kcal/kg - 6,528 kcal/kg (arb)
- Forestry Concession
- 265,095 hectares of forestry concession rights
- Approximately 4,730 hectares are plated with Acacia Mangium; Jabon; Sengon; and Rubber trees.
- Central Kalimantan
- TKS Coal Mining Concession
- 9,707 hectares mining concession
- Coal resources estimates of 74.7 million tonnes
- Calorific value of 5,714 kcal/kg - 5,726 kcal/kg (adb)
- KIM Coal Mining Concession
- 2,610 hectares mining concession
- Coal resources estimates of 257 million tonnes, inclusive of coal reserves
- Coal reserves estimate of 56.4 million tonnes
- Calorific value of 4,828 kcal/kg - 4,980 kcal/kg (arb)
- South Sumatra Basin
- WRL Coal Mining Concession
- 4,739 hectares mining concession
- Coal resources estimates of 183 million tonnes, inclusive of coal reserves
- Coal reserves estimates of 69.9 million tonnes
- Calorific value of 2,834-2,912 kcal/kg (arb)
Corporate Social Responsibility
We have made substantial efforts to integrate with the local population in the vicinity where our mines are located, as we believes that these efforts are integral to the stability and development of our business.
As part of our community development programme initiative, we engage in activities aimed at fostering community relationship and empowering such communities, such as implementing various programmes to provide economic, technical, social, infrastructure, educational and healthcare assistance to the local communities.
We also provide the local communities with new employment opportunities by recruiting/employing and training local residents to work in fields that demand high skills, such as heavy equipment operators and drivers.